FYI

I don't collect visitor info. Go away Skynet!

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Fiskars - When you need to do some pruning

 

The Fiskars PowerGear pruner. Yeah... this is the 2nd once that's fallen apart. Yet... I still HIGHLY recommend it! I purchased my newest one for $22.99 in 2021 (they currently are priced around $27). My wife and I do a lot of pruning! For her, she works on a lot of hedges. As for me... well, I got a lot of trees on my property. A LOT of trees (no pun intended)! My first Fiskars pruner broke along the plastic edge that comes in contact with the blade. My newer one recently came undone as the nut holding together the two halves of the pruner became stripped. I imagine that it might be fixable with some glue. Fortunately, Fiskars has a great warranty so I am hoping to get this one replaced like the first one.


Again... I still highly recommend the Fiskars pruner as I imagine mine gets used a lot more than an average homeowner. Each one I've owned went through 2 years of intense usage! I mean INTENSE! These things cut through branches easily. Just be mindful of reality! There are limits to the branch size this tool will handle. For larger branch needs, go with a larger pruner. That said, for most household needs, Fiskars' PowerGear pruner will give you years of service. It's discounted on Amazon right now. Oh... the vegetation photo posted here. That's the area where I am placing my next archaeological test unit. Near a mid-20th century structure that was part of an orchard.

The site is in an area with over 10,000 years of human history. Here's hoping for artifacts and features connected to the protohistoric and prehistoric periods. This pruner would have been of great help when doing fieldwork and encountering roots in test units. It's very lightweight and compact with a mechanism that helps cutting through stubborn roots without straining. Cheers.






Rating:    5 out of 5 Trowels






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Zero- G Garden Hose: I finally Found the Perfect One

 It was early Spring 2024 when I hooked up the garden hose to begin the seasons of watering the lawn and are plants/vegetables. As happens f...