FYI

I don't collect visitor info. Go away Skynet!

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Bissell Heartache: Recall Notice (I still love Bissell)

I love Bissell!

When I went to restore Mom’s chair, the estimate I received was around $1700… for a $200 chair. I have no doubt Mom, God rest her soul, would be upset if I spent that much money to restore her chair. Enter the FABULOUS Bissell company and their ‘Steam Shot’ steamer. It saved the chair. Now the heartache. Years later I receive a notice from Amazon (thanks for the heads up, Amazon) that the Steam Shot has been recalled. So, if you have a Bissell Steam Shot, check out the following site: 

https://support.bissell.com/app/steamshot-safety-recall

Check out the recall now BEFORE you even reach for the Steam Shot on your shelf. That said, I write reviews on tools here. As an archaeologist, researching technology is a major part of my existence. Consequently, while I literally cut the cord to my Bissell Steam Shot, I am even now looking to Bissell for a replacement tool. Recalls happen. In my experience as an archaeologist, homeowner, and DIYer, even the best companies have to recall tools now and again. So, while Bissell is looking at sending out refunds to Steam Shot owners, their history shows their tech to be top of the line. Looking on websites now, there are a lot of generic steamers that seem LIKE the Bissell Steam Shot. For me… I’ll wait for Bissell to come up with a replacement!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Zero- G Garden Hose: I finally Found the Perfect One

 It was early Spring 2024 when I hooked up the garden hose to begin the seasons of watering the lawn and are plants/vegetables. As happens f...