FYI

I don't collect visitor info. Go away Skynet!

Thursday, November 30, 2023

40 Volts beats Lake-effect Snow! News at 11

My apologies to the Greenworks company as they have been bombarded by my Tweets regarding my love of their tools. I can’t help it! Greenworks’ 40V tools have been saving my butt for a couple years now, with the latest being in snow removal. I live in Buffalo, NY – born and raised. We get pummeled EVERY winter with lake-enhanced (Lake Effect) snow generated by western winds crossing an unfrozen Lake Erie (the warmer lake water enhances the snow so it becomes heavy, wet and intense. The southern suburbs of Buffalo really bear the brunt of most snowstorms, and I live in one of the Southtowns. Add in the reality that my driveway is about 80 feet long, I think you can see why having a dependable snow blower is essential. Enter the Greenworks 40V snow blower.

My primary snow blower is a gas-powered 243cc Troy-Bilt, which does an incredible job of managing

snow. True, it gets clogged with very wet, heavy snow just like any snow blower, but it usually handles most snowstorms with a certain amount of ease. Last year, as a blizzard hit, that snow blower’s drive belt snapped. So much for that snow blower. Fortunately, I had a corded-electric snow blower that was able to deal with the snow. Did I mention I have an 80 foot driveway? Thankfully, I had a 100 foot, heavy gauge extension cord to get the snow blower just about to the driveway’s end. That said, that was a long night of continually snow blowing as 4-6 feet hit the area. After that experience, I so wanted a battery backup. Now, I already had multiple of the 40v battery tools Greenworks makes. So, I looked for a 40V snow blower. I got a really good deal on one in early January, but I didn’t get much chance to use it… until this week. Now, after an initial blast of very, VERY wet snow, the snow blower from Greenworks kept clogging… as has my gas-powered snow blower. In such conditions, shoveling is necessary. Yet, after the second round of lake effect snow hit (when temps were cooler, the snow was more snow than slushy.

Enter the Greenworks 40v snow blower. That snow blower quickly cleared my entire driveway. As it is easy to maneuver and lightweight, the Greenworks snow blower was a quick moving solution to my snow removal needs. It cleared my driveway in much less time than my gas-powered Troy-Bilt. Sure, if I work up and found more than a foot of snow on the ground, I’d start with the Troy-Bilt. Otherwise, the Greenworks will likely now be my go-to. As for batteries… I have a 6.0ah Greenworks battery and 2 generic 40v batteries. With this 1st blast of snow, I decided to try one of the generic batteries, which don’t last as long as the Greenworks battery. When finished, there appeared to be 50% battery life still available from that battery. Check out the photos to see my driveway. I did that on half a generic battery charge. FYI – I hope Greenworks doesn’t get too mad at me fo4rr buying generic batteries – I work in a non-profit organization so I have limited funds. So, for those looking for a dependable battery-powered snow blower, check out the Greenworks 40v snow blower.

THANK YOU Greenworks!

***For my review, the Green Works 40V snow blower gets 5 Trowels (stars) out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Zero- G Garden Hose: I finally Found the Perfect One

 It was early Spring 2024 when I hooked up the garden hose to begin the seasons of watering the lawn and are plants/vegetables. As happens f...