FYI

I don't collect visitor info. Go away Skynet!

Saturday, October 12, 2024

The Zero- G Garden Hose: I finally Found the Perfect One

 It was early Spring 2024 when I hooked up the garden hose to begin the seasons of watering the lawn and are plants/vegetables. As happens for many homeowners in the Spring, I found out the hard way that the hose had a crack. In my case, I saw the hose bubble up before it burst. That was fun. Anywho... I went to Lowes to buy a new one. Let's face it... hose brands preach about ease of use and 'no kinks', yet I'd yet seen one deliver on that promise. I went into Lowes with the goal to find one that would last, not kink, and most importantly, be easy to get back on the hose rack after use. I checked online beforehand, and the Zero-G hose by Teknor Apex seemed like the perfect option. Yeah, I know, famous last words.

The garden hose is an essential tool for homeowners and businesses alike. I think we can all agree on that. As with many inventions, there are disagreements on their origin. From my research, leather hoses popped up in the 1600s in Europe. Before than, people used water cans or other containers for watering plants. Moving onto the early 19th century, James Boyd filed a patent for a rubber fire hose after which the hose spread in use and usefulness. By the 1960s, PVC hoses were prevalent, making for durable hoses that lasted. By the late 21st century and up to now, hoses have expanded in what material they are made from, their sizes, and their sturdiness. Jump ahead to the Spring of 2024 when I needed a new hose.

Between my planting an apple orchard, my wife's multiple vegetable gardens, and a plethora of household chores needing hose-delivered water, I was in a bind when I found my hose now useless. Now, at the start of the fall, I can attest to the fact that this hose lived up to Teknor Apex's claims. It is durable, strong, and it is easy to get back on the rack after use (even easier if you let the water out of the hose. Definitely 5 out of 5 Trowels for a rating! My only regret is that I didn't purchase the 50' (instead of 25'). That said, I planted grass seed in an area that get little to no sunlight and was watering constantly, so the Zero-G hose got a workout. It works as perfect today as it did in April/May.

So, for anyone looking for a new hose, check out the Zero-G from Teknor Apex. Oh, by the way, a special shoutout to the Orbit company. Their hose nozzle was a new purchase this past Spring, and it's been a great nozzle for multiple needs.

References:

https://kingdaflex.com/when-was-the-garden-hose-invented/

https://pockethose.com/blogs/pocket-hose-blog/the-evolution-of-garden-hoses-over-the-decades

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Zero- G Garden Hose: I finally Found the Perfect One

 It was early Spring 2024 when I hooked up the garden hose to begin the seasons of watering the lawn and are plants/vegetables. As happens f...